What people say about us
"A Pleasant Stay"
by Prakashkk (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) on 16/09/2017 -
We loved :
1) the Great room
a) very detailed information for the places to go
b) helped to arrange tickets at tourist sites, etc
c) adviced on proper attire for the palace (in light of the mourning period for the late King)
3) Very good club floor
a) very helpful staff
b) evening tea was fantastic
4) Medical assistance was great. My daughter had a bad scrape and they came to the room and carried out a very quick and professional first aid.
5) Connectivity. Brilliant hotel location such that there is a sheltered walkway all the way to the station and thereafter to another mail.
Areas Which Can Be Improved:
a) Very very limited choices of food for vegetarians at the restaurant. They might as well have said, "vegetarians not welcome"
b) even for breakfast, requests regarding vegetarian food is usually filled with errors. This happened twice at breakfast in the main restaurant. We gave up and went to the club lounge.
c) Long waiting time in the breakfast place ( over 40 minutes ). On one day, one order finally arrived almost 40 minutes and this after i threw a fuss...something I have never done at breakfast
d) however if you do not rely on hotel options for food, it's ok as there are options in the vicinity and on the way to the station Read more: www.tripadvisor.com
"nice pleasant hotel excellent location"
by CL1975 on 14/09/2017 -
the room is very spacious and comfortable, top notch, excellent location, breakfast is not bad, very nice infinite pool. Overall we like it, but on balance prefer newer style hotels e.g. W and Sofitel. Read more: www.tripadvisor.com
"Homey and relaxing"
by 471wilsonl on 12/09/2017 -
Okura Prestige is right next to Phloen Chit BTS station which is opposite from the new Park Hyatt. I naturally compared the 2 hotels because of its similar location and the clientele they attract. While Park Hyatt appeals to a hipper and design oriented audience, Okura offers a warmer and cozier decor which warrants its own fans. The infinity pool is on a higher level and is quite magnificent.
Breakfast is also impressive and the hostess recommended me the sautéed mushrooms omelette with green fraiche and truffle oil. It indeed was an excellent and tasty choice!
Tried their Japanese restaurant for lunch and you need not doubt their professionalism being run by a Japanese hospitality chain.
I stayed in one of their suites and just could not resist their humongous deep soaking bathtub. It can fit 2 or even 3 persons! On one night I actually went out to buy a bottle of bubble baths and gave myself a treat. Also their Harnn amenities available for suite guests are also a treat. Thai aromatherapy products are world renowned, hence it is smart for a hotel to partner with a famed local brand to develop a smell that will lure guests back. For that reason alone I would definitely return to Okura Prestige again. Keep up the good work! Read more: www.tripadvisor.com
"A Good Family Hotel in Bangkok"
by TonyWOng (Hong Kong, China) on 10/09/2017 -
The three of us stayed in a Corner Deluxe room. Overall, we enjoyed it.
- Convenient location. It's right next to a Phloen Chit Skytrain station, so easy to get around. There are 2 dept stores near it, Central Embassy (high end) and Central Chitlom, where you can find good restaurants and shops.
- Nice room. The room was spacious, and the beds were comfortable and the boy got his own extra bed which we asked the hotel to set up in advance. Everything worked just fine and it's rather quiet at night (perhaps because our room was in the corner)
- Friendly staff, especially the concierge people at the entrance.
- There is a coffee place on the ground floor next to the hotel which serves good breakfast.
- The reception is on the 24th Floor, which means the guests need to change elevators to get to the rooms.
- Some taxi drivers did not know the hotel and we got refused by a few of them when we were making our way back from other parts of town. Perhaps it would help if we brought with us the hotel taxi card. Read more: www.tripadvisor.com
"Club rooms fabulous"
by MozReliefWorkers (Mozambique) on 10/09/2017 -
Stayed here for a week for work. Wonderful location. The service in the club rooms was fabulous. Enjoyed the club lounge for cocktails as we were able to make it. The breakfast was fantastic, especially the French toast. Variety was amazing. Pool is very pleasant.
Strongly recommend. Read more: www.tripadvisor.com